Arts & Culture in the City of Buffalo: A Position Paper for City Government in 2018 and beyond
This document has been present to the City of Buffalo Common Council, Mayor Byron Brown, and the Buffalo Arts Commission and offers guidance and suggestions for a more stream-lined and committed funding process for arts and cultural groups in the City of Buffalo. Click here to review the City of Buffalo Arts Position Paper.
The Idea: Create a “Cultural Employee Pass” to:
- Offer discounts to participating culturals for those who work at our cultural organizations;
- Create an additional employee benefit to our valued workers;
- Encourage our employees to explore and enjoy arts and culture in an affordable way;
- Build new audiences at our organizations through the pass; and
- Foster a sense of being part of a larger cultural community.
What We’re Asking From Your Organization: Participate in the program by:
- Offer discounted admission to your organization’s activities (or if you have free admission, something else like your membership or gift shop);
- Send in your list of year-round full and part time employees to receive the pass; and
- Encourage your employees to use their pass.
How It Works:
- Arts Services Initiative of WNY will administer the program on behalf of GBCA;
- Your organization would offer a meaningful discount year-round for pass holders (we understand this will vary by organization, but ask you to do what you can);
- Your organization would create a discount code to track usage;
- Send a list of your year-round full and part time employees to ASI including email and mailing address with zip code so they can receive their pass;
- New employees can be added at any time;
- Renewals will happen yearly to ensure proper usage;
- Organizations can join at any time;
- Participating organizations and discounts will be listed on the GBCA website;
- Periodic emails featuring newly added organizations or updated discounts, as well as information about training sessions or other important information, will be sent to pass holders; and
- Pass holders will enjoy the best of our cultural scene at an affordable rate.
To stay on top of the news, join GBCA as a member or friend and be added to the email list to receive information and updates.
Visit GBCA on Facebook, and ‘Like’ the organization to receive ongoing updates and news.