GBCA Cultural Employee Pass
The Idea: Create a “Cultural Employee Pass” to:
- Offer discounts to participating culturals for those who work at our cultural organizations;
- Create an additional employee benefit to our valued workers;
- Encourage our employees to explore and enjoy arts and culture in an affordable way;
- Build new audiences at our organizations through the pass; and
- Foster a sense of being part of a larger cultural community.
What We’re Asking From Your Organization: Participate in the program by:
- Offer discounted admission to your organization’s activities (or if you have free admission, something else like your membership or gift shop);
- Send in your list of year-round full and part time employees to receive the pass; and
- Encourage your employees to use their pass.
How It Works:
- Arts Services Initiative of WNY will administer the program on behalf of GBCA;
- Your organization would offer a meaningful discount year-round for pass holders (we understand this will vary by organization, but ask you to do what you can);
- Your organization would create a discount code to track usage;
- Send a list of your year-round full and part time employees to ASI including email and mailing address with zip code so they can receive their pass;
- New employees can be added at any time;
- Renewals will happen yearly to ensure proper usage;
- Organizations can join at any time;
- Participating organizations and discounts will be listed on the GBCA website;
- Periodic emails featuring newly added organizations or updated discounts, as well as information about training sessions or other important information, will be sent to pass holders; and
- Pass holders will enjoy the best of our cultural scene at an affordable rate.
- Email email@example.com to sign up and for information.
The easiest way to get involved in GBCA is to sign up as Member or Friend so we can add you to the email list to receive information and updates.
With so much happening every day …Visit GBCA on Facebook, and ‘Like’ the organization for latest updates and news.
GBCA works to accomplish the goals laid out in its strategic plan. CLICK HERE TO VIEW.
Leadership for GBCA is provided by a volunteer Steering Committee, broadly representative of the arts & cultural sector. CLICK HERE TO SEE STEERING COMMITTEE LIST
GBCA is supported by 4 committees that focus on the main objectives of the organization:
- Public Awareness (PR/Marketing)
If you have an interest in one of these areas, and are interested in learning more about the committee, contact us (using tab on this website) and one of the committee co-chairs will get back to you.
GBCA hosts Quarterly CULTURAL GATHERINGS which are open to all. These provide a great way to learn about current initiatives, meet colleagues, and discuss issues of importance.
Review meeting notes below:
GBCA Quarterly Cultural Gathering Notes
November 5, 2014 at Buffalo Arts Studio:
May 21, 2014 at MusicalFare Theatre’s Cabaret Space:
- GBCA May Agenda 05212014
- GBCA Meeting Notes 052114
- Understanding Impact on Embarking on a Cultural Policies PPT
February 20, 2014 at the Theodore Roosevelt National Historic Inaugural Site:
October 10, 2013 at the Buffalo & Erie County Botanical Gardens:
- GBCA General Meeting Notes 10102013
- Using Data For Effective Advocacy by Katie Ingersoll, NYS Representative, Cultural Data Project (Using Data for Effective Advocacy Power Point)
- Hispanic Heritage Council of Western New York (HHC Power Point Presentation)
November 1, 2012 at Kleinhans Music Hall (Mary Seaton Room):
- Advocacy Training with Jay Dick, Senior Director of State and Local Government Affairs, Americans for the Arts
- Advocacy Training PowerPoint
March 13, 2012 at the Historic Riviera Theatre:
GBCA spearheads advocacy initiatives – outreach to elected officials – during the year which require participation to be successful. Links to elected officials are listed below.
Links for Elected Officials:
- Allegany County Legislature
- Buffalo Arts Commission
- Buffalo Common Council – Overview of the Buffalo Arts Commission
- Cattaraugus County Legislature
- Chautauqua County Executive
- Chautauqua County Legislature
- Erie County Executive
- Erie County Legislature
- New York State Assembly
- New York State Governor
- Niagara County Legislature
- Niagara Falls, Mayor
- US House of Representatives
- US Senate